Lion Face

Lion Face
Created with repurposed paper egg cartons, fabric, old buttons and paint. The students had lots of fun creating animal masks from recycled materials.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Great Way to Help Public Education Students!

Follow the link for more information.

http://www.donorschoose.org/project/first-grade-authors-need-a-printer/919536/?verify=1589902930

First Grade Authors Need a Printer

My Students: I teach 27 1st grade students in Chicago, Illinois. 95% of the students at my school receive free or reduced price lunches. My classroom is in great need of a new color printer and some ink cartridges. This new printer will benefit all ...

My Project: My students need a classroom printer. Today, my first graders have to share a printer from our computer lab which the entire school uses. Having a printer would give the children in my class the opportunity to add pictures to their ...

My Students: I teach 27 1st grade students in Chicago, Illinois. 95% of the students at my school receive free or reduced price lunches. My classroom is in great need of a new color printer and some ink cartridges. This new printer will benefit all students in my classroom. I have four computers in my classroom but no printer.

Having the ability to print from our own classroom would enable my students to create their own books, do research, and continue to get excited about learning. The students would also be able to create personal family journals at the end of the year that will have different memories. A new color printer will make it possible to do some of our crafts that we do for our parents throughout the year. We will also use the printer to enhance some of our math, social studies, language arts and science projects.


My Project: My students need a classroom printer. Today, my first graders have to share a printer from our computer lab which the entire school uses. Having a printer would give the children in my class the opportunity to add pictures to their stories. I hope that you consider funding this color printer for our classroom. My students and I will be very appreciative and it will enhance the learning process in my classroom. My students already love to write and now they can document and research what they write about.


My students need a printer and ink cartridges in order to bring their writing to life. Every year my students write and illustrate their own books. This year I hope to be able to help them publish the stories they create. With your help, I can make this happen. hide»

No comments: